- Super Nintendo World is celebrating its first anniversary with new collectibles and a new restaurant.
- Plans are in place to expand the Super Nintendo World attraction further in 2024 and beyond, including a new Donkey Kong ride and the opening of Epic Universe at Universal Orlando Resort in 2025.
- Universal Studios Hollywood’s anniversary event offers visitors special promotional items and a new restaurant called the Power-Up café, featuring snacks and beverages inspired by the Super Mario Bros. series.
Universal Studios Hollywood is celebrating the first anniversary of its Super Nintendo World attraction with a host of new collectibles and a new restaurant. Japan’s Super Nintendo World finally opened after a long development period in 2021, and America would receive its own version of the interactive theme park attraction a couple of years later. Just like its Japanese counterpart, Universal Hollywood’s Super Nintendo World allows guests to explore the Mushroom Kingdom of the Super Mario Bros. franchise with rides, sets, and characters pulled from Nintendo’s flagship platforming series.
The Super Nintendo World attraction has proven to be a success in both its Japan and US locations, and there are plans to expand the attraction even further in 2024 and beyond. Earlier this week, Universal Orlando Resort gave fans a look at a third Super Nintendo World exhibit, which will open as part of its new Epic Universe theme park in 2025. While Super Nintendo World has previously featured attractions based solely on Super Mario Bros. and the related Mario Kart series, Universal Japan is adding a new ride based on Donkey Kong that will also be included in the aforementioned Epic Universe park next summer.
Super Nintendo World’s Toad Is Fully Voiced and Opinions Are Mixed
Super Nintendo World’s app features full voice acting for some of its videos, with fan opinion split over the voice of the dining service’s Chef Toad.
Meanwhile, Universal Studios Hollywood is holding a special event to celebrate the first year of Super Nintendo World, as announced on the Universal Studios Hollywood website. Starting from the park’s anniversary date of February 17, visitors will be able to collect special promotional items like the complimentary Super Mario World 1-Year Anniversary button, which features Mario and his classic green 1-Up Mushroom from the Super Mario Bros. games. Visitors can also pick up the special edition Gold Mario Power-Up Band, which was previously only available in Japan.
Additionally, Universal Studios Hollywood is adding a new restaurant on February 15 called the Power-Up café. Placed in the park’s Upper Lot area, this food spot will offer a colorful assortment of snacks inspired by the Super Mario Bros. series, such as the Super Mushroom Calzone, Fire Flower Pretzel, and Super Star Popcorn. Guests can wash these treats down with a line of Lemon-lime sodas decorated with Mario’s famous ability-granting power-ups.
Snacks And Beverages Available at Super Nintendo World’s Power-Up Cafe
- Super Mushroom Calzone: Mushroom-shaped calzone filled with pepperoni, sausage, mozzarella cheese, and tomato sauce
- 1-Up Mushroom Calzone: Mushroom-shaped calzone filled with spinach, green pepper, mushroom, mozzarella cheese, and basil pesto
- Fire Flower Pretzel: Fire Flower-shaped pretzel served with chipotle cheese, mustard, and white queso dipping sauces
- Super Star Popcorn: Butter popcorn topped with edible glitter
- Super Mushroom Fizz: Lemon-lime soda with strawberry popping pearls and a strawberry Super Mushroom Power-Up
- 1-Up Mushroom Fizz: Lemon-lime soda with green apple popping pearls and a lime 1-Up Mushroom Power-Up
- Fire Flower Fizz: Lemon-lime soda with orange popping pearls and a mango habanero Fire Flower Power-Up
- Super Star Fizz: Lemon-lime soda with lemon popping pearls and a mango pineapple Super Star Power-Up
Super Nintendo World has been a smash hit in both Japan and the United States, and things are looking to get even more exciting with the addition of the new Donkey Kong Mine Cart Madness roller coaster later this year and the opening of Epic Universe at Universal Orlando Resort in 2025. Universal Studios Hollywood is also celebrating the success of its Super Nintendo World exhibit with its first-anniversary event, which is set to kick off later this month and offers fans even more to do, collect, and eat at the interactive park attraction.
Nintendo is a Japanese video game company headquartered in Kyoto, Japan. While producing highly popular hardware consoles like the Switch, the company is known for its many first party video game franchises like Super Mario, The Legend of Zelda, Fire Emblem, Pokemon, and many more.