While Elden Ring offers players a large variety of weapons, fans of ancient Japanese swords won’t be able to go past the Hand of Malenia Katana. With high physical damage, long reach, and Blood loss Buildup, this weapon is a bit like Bloodblade Dance. After all, even the unique skills of these weapons have many similarities. However, the Hand of Malenia Katana is much more powerful, and its Waterfowl Dance skill is more refined and deadly.
Since Hand of Malenia is the best katana in the game, getting it is similar to getting the best greatsword. However, instead of defeating the final story boss, players must overcome the most dangerous side target.
Elden Ring: How to Get Antspur Rapier
Inflicting Scarlet Rot can trivialize many bosses in Elden Ring, and the Antspur Rapier stands out as one of the easiest ways to achieve this.
Where to Find Hand of Malenia Katana in Elden Ring
The only way to get the Hand of Malenia Katana in Elden Ring is to exchange it for Remembrance of the Rot Goddess by visiting Enia. Finding the ancient merchant will not be difficult since you will have visited her location more than once by this game stage. However, obtaining Remembrance of the Rot Goddess can take quite a long time, as players can only obtain one copy after defeating Malenia, Blade of Miquella Boss.
Elden Ring: The Best Weapons For An Arcane Build
When looking to make an Elden Ring Arcane build, look no further than these 15 best Arcane weapons the game offers to the Tarnished.
How to Get to Malenia in Elden Ring
Even though Malenia is one of the strongest bosses in Elden Ring, she is an optional enemy, which makes her much more difficult to find than Elden Beast or other story bosses. More precisely, players have to complete quite a few steps before reaching the goal:
- First of all, you need to find two halves of secret medallions. To get the first one, players must go to the Village of Albinaurics and come close to the rock to the right of the village. Walk along the rock, interact with the large pot, and take half of the medallion from the old man who appears.
- Next, head to Castle Sol near the Ancient Snow Valley Ruins Site of Grace. Enter the castle grounds and climb to the upper platforms to fight Commander Niall. After winning, use the elevator to climb to the highest tower and take the second part of the medallion.
- The next step is to go to the Grand Lift of Rold and use the Haligtree Medallion, after which you will be teleported to the Hidden Path. Go up the steps and through the fog to get the Consecrated Snowfield Map.
- Now, you can go to Ordina, Liturgical Town, where you must interact with the gargoyle on the roof to enter Evergaol and solve a simple riddle. Players only need to light four torches on the altars. Some of them are located quite high, so walk on the rooftops.
- Once you have lit all the torches, you will be teleported to a large staircase, following which you can enter the portal leading to Miquella’s Haligtree.
- Finally, players only have to go down to the bottom of this location, which will take a lot of time. But once you reach Haligtree Roots, you can challenge Malenia.
As we said earlier, once you defeat this boss, you will receive Remembrance of the Rot Goddess, which you can exchange for the Hand of Malenia Katana. Of course, it was a long journey, but the resulting weapon is worth all the effort.
- February 25, 2022